Information Technology Services
Ambler Campus Technology (ACT) Center
Learning Center Room 106
The Ambler Campus Technology (ACT) Center is equipped with 65 PCs and 4 iMacs equipped with software for all Temple programs, color and black and white laser printing, two plotters, scanner applications, and a wireless lounge area. A Help Desk area is located within the ACT Center.
ACT Center Hours:
Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Need help during other hours? Visit here to learn how to Chat with an ITS professional: tuhelp.temple.edu/.
Note: The lab is closed on weekends during holidays and semester intercessions.
Ambler Campus Learning Center
The Ambler Learning Center is a state-of-the-art computer facility providing technology resources and support to students, faculty and staff at the Ambler Campus six days a week.
Special features include:
- 72,000 square-foot, three-story building
- 230 computer workstations
- 300-seat auditorium/smart lecture hall
- 65-seat tech center with software applications serving all academic disciplines
- Four computer classrooms/15 smart classrooms
- 12 Esports gaming computers and chairs
- Instructional Research and Assessment testing facility
- Faculty Instructional Instructional Technology Laboratory
- Drafting studio
- Student breakout room
- Help Desk/PC Clinic
- Wireless access throughout
Temple Ambler is also home to a dedicated Esports Center for students to connect, work as teams and socialize while building their critical, analytical and strategic thinking skills. The Ambler Campus Esports Center includes 12 Alienware gaming computers with state-of-the-art graphics cards; 12 25-inch high definition monitors; 12 specialized gaming chairs; gaming keyboard and mouse for each dedicated gaming space; mics and headsets; an available X-Box adaptive gaming controller; and a 75-inch high definition television display with sound bar for spectator viewing.
- Intel Core i5 9600K (6-Core/6-Thread, 9MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz across all cores)
- Alienware 850 Watt Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 OC with 8GB GDDR6
- 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
- 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
- Logitech G203 Prodigy 6 Button, Wired Gaming Mouse
- 200-800 dpi adjustable in 30 dpi increments
- Extra Large Gaming Mouse pad (32" x 15")
- Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard
Alienware 25 - Free-sync, 240Hz, 1ms Response Time
- Corsair Gaming VOID PRO Surround wired
Collaboration Learning Spaces
- Breakout Room, Room 115 – Smart conference technology room with seating for 10 people.
- Lounge/café areas (6) – 2 on each floor; Wireless collaboration areas with lounge furniture and tables/chairs, flat panel displays, cable television and Four Winds digital signage.
Auditorium – Room 101
- 300-seat multi-purpose lecture hall and event space
- Theater capabilities and green rooms
- Sound equipment/mixing board, streaming, etc.
Printing/Peripheral Resources – Room 106
- Duplex printing with student free printing quota (color available)
- Large format plotting
- Wide-format scanning
- 3D printer
Note: Laser duplex printing available in all classrooms.
Equipment Loans – Room 106
- PC laptop loaner program
Faculty Instructional Support Center – Room 111
- Faculty Support facility with 9 PC computers and 1 Apple computer
- Technical consulting services on Canvas, TurningPoint, Zoom, PowerPoint, Adobe and other instructional applications
Help Desk/PC Clinic
- Staff/Student consultant help area (6 days/wk) offering consulting services
- PC Clinic assisting with computer repairs, Spyware and virus removal
The Ambler Campus provides a wireless infrastructure in almost every building on campus. The entire Learning Center supports wireless technology.
Additional Technology Facilities
Smart classrooms are available to faculty and instructors requiring multimedia, computer-based video, and audio instructional equipment in the following buildings on campus: Bright Hall, Cottage Hall, Dixon Hall, Hilda Justice, the Learning Center, the Library, the Visitor’s Center and Widener Hall.
Landscape Architecture and Horticulture Computer Facilities
The department maintains workstations at or above specifications used at leading design firms. Available to the students as well are wide format and flatbed scanners, plotters and color and black and white laser printers. Software is kept current and relevant to the industry and includes applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Google SketchUp Pro, Land F/X, Rhinoceros and V-Ray. Dual monitors are provided in labs and studios where physical space is available.
There are a number of studio spaces with computers in Bright Hall and Dixon Hall which accommodate the rest of the LAHort students. Public computers and other instructional PC teaching facilities are located in the Learning Center.