Visiting Students

Temple University welcomes students from other colleges and universities who wish to enroll in courses on any of our campuses. Students should bring or fax a permission form from their home institution, listing the specific Temple courses that have been approved for transfer. If the courses have prerequisites, students must provide proof of having taken and passed them. Some courses may also require special authorization from instructors or departments at Temple (e.g. business courses numbered 0100 and above).

High School students who are interested in taking a College level class must obtain an approval letter from their guidance department indicating that they are academically qualified to enroll. The letter should also verify that class will or will not be used for High School credit. An official High School transcript needs to be obtained as well.

To enroll, the student should contact the Academic Advising office at 267-468-8200 to make an appointment. If the course requested is a Math, English or Foreign Language class, placement tests will be required.

In lieu of using the permission form from their home institutions, students may use the comprehensive, Non-degree seeking (non-matriculated) and Visiting Student Registration Form. This form must be faxed or sent via postal mail to the Temple University campus you are planning to attend. The full listing of the campus contact information for all campuses is available by visiting the instructions for completing the Registration Form at

Non-degree seeking and visiting students interested in taking classes at Temple University Ambler should fill out the registration form online.