In order to maintain our resources and make them available to a diversity of visitors, we ask that while on campus to follow these important policies.
- Face Coverings (Masks): Face coverings are required of all visitors on campus. Temple University reserves the right to deny entry to any individual not following proper face mask protocol.
- The Ambler Campus Trails are pedestrian trails. Bicycles, motor bikes, and motorized vehicles are not permitted. Wheelchairs and electronic mobility devices may be used by persons who need assistance to be mobile and wish to enjoy our Campus Trails.
- Social Distancing: For all university spaces, buildings or affiliated environments, physical distancing measures require a physical distance of at least six feet between individuals. Ambler Arboretum staff and Field Station researchers are working on campus. Please be sure to follow social distancing protocols when within their vicinity.
- Please use University-sanctioned access points.
- No smoking.
- Walk on designated paths only.
- Ride bicycles on asphalt or dirt trails, not on the blue stone or concrete walkways.
- Please admire the trees from the ground; do not climb them.
- Please leave the flowers and leaves for others to experience; do not cut them.
- Take plenty of pictures and share them! Professional photographers should call to schedule a time for your photo shoot. Please review our campus photography policies.
- Tell your friends and family about the Arboretum and Field Station and bring them to visit.
- Please use the garbage and recycling containers as needed.
- Please keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them.
Need to get to the Ambler Arboretum but aren't sure which route to get here? Visit our directions section to determine your best course of travel. Learn more about traveling to campus.
Hours and Information
The Ambler Arboretum of Temple University is open year round from dawn to dusk. Learn about Arboretum hours and more.
When you are visiting the Ambler Arboretum, you may park in Lot 1 on Meetinghouse Road and Lot 2, which is located near the Ambler Campus Learning Center. Learn more about parking and checking in.
The Ambler Arboretum gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for your wedding and commercial photography. There is a $150 fee to use the Ambler Arboretum for commercial photography. Learn about taking photos at the Ambler Arboretum.
We would love for you to bring your canine friends to enjoy the arboretum. Here is everything you need to know about dogs in the arboretum