Download a copy of the of the Ambler Arboretum Visitor Map (PDF) text version
We are looking forward to welcoming visitors, researchers, students and more to campus to enjoy all of the resources of the Ambler Arboretum of Temple University and the Temple Ambler Field Station.
In order to maintain our resources and make them available to a diversity of visitors, we ask that while on campus to follow these important policies.
- All visitors are required to follow Temple's COVID-19 guidelines.
- The Ambler Campus Trails are pedestrian trails. Bicycles, motor bikes, and motorized vehicles are not permitted. Wheelchairs and electronic mobility devices may be used by persons who need assistance to be mobile and wish to enjoy our Campus Trails.
- Please use University-sanctioned access points.
- No smoking.
- Walk on designated paths only.
- Ride bicycles on asphalt or dirt trails, not on the blue stone or concrete walkways.
- Please admire the trees from the ground; do not climb them.
- Please leave the flowers and leaves for others to experience; do not cut them.
- Take plenty of pictures and share them! Professional photographers should call to schedule a time for your photo shoot. Please review our campus photography policies.
- Tell your friends and family about the Arboretum and Field Station and bring them to visit.
- Please use the garbage and recycling containers as needed.
- Please keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them.
Need to get to the Ambler Arboretum but aren't sure which route to get here? Visit our directions section to determine your best course of travel. Learn more about traveling to campus.
Hours and Information
The Ambler Arboretum of Temple University is open year round from dawn to dusk. Learn about Arboretum hours and more.
When you are visiting the Ambler Arboretum, you may park in Lot 1 on Meetinghouse Road and Lot 2, which is located near the Ambler Campus Learning Center. Learn more about parking and checking in.
The Ambler Arboretum gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for your wedding and commercial photography. There is a $150 fee to use the Ambler Arboretum for commercial photography. Learn about taking photos at the Ambler Arboretum.
Whether is a guided tour by the arboretum director, a self guided tour or a visit to the Hilda Justice Artifacts Collection, there are several ways to visit the Ambler Arboretum.
Dogs in the Arboretum
We would love for you to bring your canine friends to enjoy the arboretum. Here is everything you need to know about dogs in the arboretum