The Ground Rules
The Ambler Arboretum is a popular spot for more than taking in the beauty of the trees. It seems that many folks find it a great place to walk their dogs. We welcome dogs at the Arboretum. Of course, if you decide to bring your canine companion to our gardens we do ask that you follow the following rules:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times. Short leashes are recommended as poison ivy and interactions with wildlife in the gardens is possible on longer leashes.
- Owners/attendants are responsible for removal and disposal of their dogs’ wastes in the proper receptacles (at this time the Ambler Arboretum does not provide waste bags for your dog). There are trash cans located throughout campus as well as in the visitor's parking lot.
- All dogs must have their vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of your pet and that of our plantings and the wildlife that calls the Arboretum home, please keep your dog on pathways and roadways, not in the gardens and planted areas.
- Do not leave your pets in unattended vehicles.
- Do not allow pets to urinate on plants.
- Be an advocate for the Arboretum - if you see someone with their dog off-leash or not picking up after their dog, tell them why it is so important they follow these rules.
Bark Club at the Arboretum
Sign your canine friend up for the Ambler Arboretum Bark Club!
-Lifetime Membership $50
- Member ID tag for dog engraved with pet’s name/contact info
- Membership card for human
- Initial gift of poop bags and treats
- Invitation to all Bark Club exclusive events including
- Annual Bark Walk on the 1st Saturday of December
- Dog Days of Summer Event August 26 each year
- Discounts and coupons for dog related items at local retailers
- Membership is for the lifetime of your dog.
$50 lifetime membership for your canine friend.
Great Gift for the dog-person in your life.